Marker's Ampire helmet uses Hybrid Shell Construction to be light, comfortable and, of course, durable. The RTS fit system lets you literally dial in the size for a fit that is optimally snug - not loosey-goosey, and no headaches from excessive tightness. The Markair ventilation system has two settings. One is super warm for stormy days; the other lets the airflow so you and your goggles don't get sweaty. One of the great things about skiing and snowboarding is how humbling it can be no matter how much experience you have - make sure you have a helmet for those moments that put your ego in check.
- Hybrid Shell Construction:The best of both worlds: HYBRID SHELL CONSTRUCTION combines the weight and comfort advantages of in-mold technology with the durability of hard shell construction. In the event of a crash, the hard shell is not only highly durable, but also distributes force across its surface. The extra-light in-mold shell on the lower section wraps around the entire rear of the head for optimal protection. With adjustable MarkAir ventilation channels, the final product is a premium helmet featuring state-of-the-art technology, low overall weight, and outstanding comfort.
- 360 Map Protection Pads: 360 degree Edge Protection - protect helmet against dings and dents. Extra protection in the event of a side impact.
- Markair vent system: Literally "draw" the warm, moist air out of the goggles, "sucking" it along the air channels and out of the helmet to reduce significantly any fogging of the goggles. At the same time there is a constant and pleasant flow of air to cool the entire system and regulate it automatically. This ensures a cool head whatever the situation.
- 2 Position Climate Control: The ventilation within the helmet can be controlled using the adjustable 2 POSITION CLIMATE CONTROL (partially or fully closed). This works even with gloves on and while riding! Move the slider to control the air volume to match your own personal warmth preference. Naturally the MarkAir CHANNEL SYSTEM will assist keeping your head warm and dry even if the controls are fully shut. Even fully opened, the special vent design prevents the head cooling down too much.
- Fidlock OG buckle:The revolution for helmet closures - extremely convenient to operate. The FIDLOCK OG SNAP is a magnetic safety buckle with a slider mechanism that can be opened and closed with one hand. This ensures an extremely secure hold in the event of a crash, yet can be operated very quickly even while wearing a ski glove and is designed to guard against pinching the wearer's skin.
- PSE Goggle Clip:Crashes are bad enough. That's why you wear your helmet. When you're picking up the pieces after a crash make sure your goggles aren't one of the them thanks to the PSE goggle clip. Plus, they make sure when you put your goggles up on your helmet that they don't go over the top and off the lift.
- Removable ear flaps: Soft ear flaps that can be removed for warm weather skiing, or to make the helmet feel a little wider.
- Padded Chin Strap: Thin padding under the chin prevents chafing and allows for proper fit of the helmet.
- Audio Compatible: This helmet is compatible with all aftermarket Giro Soundsystems. Unsnap the liner and drop the headphones in, its that simple!
- RTS Fit System: Rotate to size - there's no simpler way. The three-point construction on the rear of the head adapts to your personal head shape in seconds thanks to the adjustment dial. This translates not just to comfort, but a perfect fit to maximize the helmet's safety protection. During a crash you want a helmet that sits just right and won't slide around, giving your head true protection.
- XDRY Performance Lining: Fast-wicking, quick-drying fabric keeps you warm and dry